Why this error occurs?
The problem occurs when the Timeout Detection & Recovery (TDR) feature detects that the Graphics thẻ has not responded within the permitted time, then the display driver is restarted to lớn prevent the need khổng lồ reboot. The following factors can cause the problem:
Problem display drivers
Too many running programs or specific application
Overheating GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)
GPU timeout issues (the most known cause)
How vị I fix it?
There are 5 solutions lớn fix the problem. You may not need lớn try them all. Just start at the top of the menu and work your way down:
Solution 1: Uninstall Graphic DriverSolution 2: Download & install lademo graphic driverSolution 3: Increase the GPU Processing TimeSolution 4: Cchiến bại Some Programs Running in the BackgroundSolution 5: Clean GPU Radiator
Solution 1: Uninstall graphic driver
Follow steps belowlớn uninstall the Graphic driver.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows hình ảnh sản phẩm keyand R at the same time lớn invoke the Run box.
Type devmgmt.mscvà cliông xã OK toopen Device Manager window.
2) Expvà the Display adapters branch.Right-click the display driver and cliông chồng Uninstall.
Following screen shot is for your reference, as the device name will vary depending on different device manufacturer.
3) After uninstall the driver, restart your PC and kiểm tra lớn see if the problem is resolved.
Solution 2: Download & install lathử nghiệm graphic driver
If uninstalling the driver doesn’t resolve sầu the problem, try to lớn update the driver. If you don’t have sầu the time, patience or computer skills lớn update the driver manually,you can vị it automatically withDriver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system & find the correct drivers for it. You don’t need to lớn know exactly what system your computer is running, you don’t need khổng lồ risk downloading & installing the wrong driver, & you don’t need lớn worry about making a mistake when installing.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version it takes just 2 clicks (and you get full support & a 30-day money bachồng guarantee):
1)Downloadand install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer và detect any problem drivers.
3) Cliông chồng the Update button next to a flagged graphics driver lớn automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can bởi this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to lớn automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to lớn upgrade when you clichồng Update All).
Solution 3: Increase the GPU Processing Time by adjusting the Timeout Detection and Recovery registry value
Note: This method will tell you how to lớn modify the registry. It may help fix the problem. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. It is recommended to lớn baông chồng up the registry before you modify it so you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows hình ảnh sản phẩm key& R at the same time to lớn invoke the Run box.
Type regeditand cliông xã OK to open Registry Editor.
2) Browse to & then clichồng the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlGraphicsDrivers
3) On the Edit menu in the right pane, right-cliông chồng on the blank place. Clichồng New, & then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows.
If your PC is running 32-bit operating system, follow these steps:
a) Select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
b) Type TdrDelay as the Name & click Enter.
c) Double-click TdrDelay & add “8” for the Value data and cliông chồng OK.
If your PC is running 64-bit operating system, follow steps below:
a) Select QWORD (64-bit) Value.
b) Type TdrDelay as the Name và clichồng Enter.
c) Double-clichồng TdrDelay & add “8” for the Value data và cliông chồng OK.
4) Restart your PC & kiểm tra lớn see if the problem is resolved.
After modifying the registry here, if a problem occurs & you are not sure how to restore the registry, you can delete the added TdrDelay Name & restart your PC.
Solution 4: Cthua kém Some Programs Running in the Background
If too many programs are running at the same time, the PC performance can be slowed down. So try closing the programs và applications that you are not using.
If the problem occurs only when using a specific application, it may have sầu known issues or corrupt files. Cchiến bại this application và see if the problem resolves.
Solution 5: Clean GPU Radiator
Overheating GPU may cause the problem. And the GPU is easy to get overheating if the radiator is dusted. So clean the GPU radiator and see if the problem resolves.
Hopefully you find this article helpful. If you have sầu any questions, ideas or suggestions, feel free to leave a bình luận below.